To find these therapies I crowd sourced therapy advice from runners, cyclists and multisport athletes on Twitter. I coined the term "cloud care" to describe my new medical care system that involves free outcome-oriented advice from injury-recovered athletes. Basically, it's asking people what worked for them. The old "conventional" care system, based in large part on what my doctor figured that my insurance company would pay for, I now like to call "crappy care." I posted the results of my survey on a previous post titled "5 Steps To Heal Plantar Fasciitis".
Since my last post, I've discovered three basic tendon/fascia healing principles:
- Increase circulation: Rolfing, deep tissue massage, PRP, and "tennis ball therapy"
- Increase flexibility: Stretches specific for the injured tendon/fascia
- Increase stress gradually: Stress the injured area to facilitate tissue repair and regrowth
Cloud Care Healing Therapies for tendon/fascia injuries:
- Rolfing–Rolf Integrative Therapy
- Eccentric exercises and tendonopathy treatment research:
- Eccentric exercises and stretches that worked for by Sigfús Víkþörðson a cyclist who suffered from patellar tendinitis (runners knee):
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) blood therapy to oxygenate fibers with little blood circulation such as tendons, fascia, ligaments to induce faster tissue repair and recovery:
- http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jDu_yK6FpCreFsGIVMeNVgYcxEmQD9ESBQI00 (concerns about PRP)
- Eccentric exercises (strength training by lengthening muscles/tendons) for plantar fasciitis:
http://www.sportsinjurybulletin.com/archive/rehabilitation-exercises.html (scroll down half the page to "Problem: Plantar Fasciitis...")
- Stretches and more strength training with eccentric exercises for plantar fasciitis:
Please let me know what works for your tendon injury by making a comment or sending me a tweet @multisportmama. I think more people should know what really works–even if it's not blessed by the insurance companies.
Here's to hitting the trails, roads or courts again soon!